The all-in-one installer takes care of most of the configuration. All you need is a correctly set-up web server and a database server, essentially. The person that does the installation should have sufficient permissions to access said systems.
The user carrying out the installation of Dime.Scheduler can perform his task almost entirely using the installer. For example, the Windows features can be switched on programmatically so it is no longer necessary to turn them on manually. Likewise, the installation scripts will create website application pools, websites, event log sources, windows services.
Life has gotten a lot easier with the all-in-one installer. The user can focus on providing the correct parameters and the installer will take care of the rest.
The minimum requirements for the different components are covered in the following subsections.
- Minimum version 2008 R2 SP1 and higher
- Editions: all editions are supported.
- 4 (virtual) processors or more
- 4 GB of RAM and higher
- .NET Framework: 4.6.1 and higher. Download it from the Microsoft Download Center.
- Minimum supported version is 2012.
- Editions: all editions, including Express, are supported.
Internet Information Server (IIS)
As mentioned in the first part of this document, this section is covered by the all-in-one installer, that will install or activate the necessary features.
To avoid additional work, use the version of IIS that ships with the version of Windows Server. The miminum supported version is 7.5.
The following Windows features are required 6:
- Common HTTP features:
- Default Document
- Directory Browsing
- HTTP Errors
- Static Content
- Health and Diagnostics
- HTTP Logging
- Static Content
- Dynamic Content
- Request Filtering
- Windows Authentication (if needed)
- Application Development
- .NET Extensibility (latest framework)
- Application Initialization (if present)
- ASP.NET (latest framework)
- ISAPI Extensions
- ISAPI Filters
- WebSocket Protocol (if present)
- Management Tools
- IIS Management Console
The WebDAV feature must be disabled.
- To check the status of the features manaually, go to "Server Manager" and click "Manage" – "Add Roles and Features". In the "Server Roles" section select "Web Server (IIS)".↩