This app can't be activated by the built-in administrator
- Press Windows key + R to open up a Run dialog box. Then, type “gpedit.msc” and press Enter to open up the Group Policy Editor.
- Inside the Local Group Policy Editor window, use the left-hand pane to navigate to Windows Settings > Security Settings > Local Policy > Security Options.
- With the Security Options policy folder selected from the left pane, move over to the right pane and double-click on User Account Control : Admin Approval Mode for the Built-in Administrator Account.
- In the setting window of the policy, you’ve just opened, expand the Local Security Setting and set the policy to Enabled. Then, hit Apply to save the changes.
- Close the Local Group Policy Editor and restart your machine. At the next startup, you will be able to use Windows Apps from the built-in Administrator account (the ones that won’t require your Microsoft account).
Cannot start service
During the installation process, you may encounter an error in the PowerShell window like the one below:
Start-Service : Service 'Dime.Scheduler Service Bus (DimeSchedulerServiceBus)' cannot be started due to the following error: Cannot start service DimeSchedulerServiceBus on computer '.'. At C:\Dime.Scheduler-2021.2.0\Dime.Scheduler\deployment\lib\install-d s-utilities.psm1:234 char:9 + Start-Service -Name "$serviceName" + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : OpenError: (System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController:ServiceController) [Start-Service], ServiceCommandException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CouldNotStartService,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.StartServiceCommand
Possible reasons for this issue include:
- Invalid user name
- Insufficient permissions (such as missing 'Log on as' rights on this server)
- Incorrect password
To fix the issue, go the Services window, locate the Dime.Scheduler Windows Services and retry to start the services with the correct credentials.