Visual Studio Solution
The Dime.Scheduler Connector for Microsoft Dynamics CRM is shipped together with a Visual Studio Solution that contains the full source code of the connector. You are free to modify any code provided in this solution to your own liking.
The following CRM solutions are shipped with the Dime.Scheduler Connector for Microsoft Dynamics CRM. Each of these solutions are provided as a managed solution which allows them to be uninstalled if required. You are free to customize these solutions to your liking.
A solution containing only the plugin assembly that includes all the business logic for the connector as well as the sample plugin code.
A solution containing the sample plugin steps.
A solution containing all the custom entities, web resources and plugins steps required by the connector.
You are allowed to make changes to any of the managed entities provided by the solutions above. This includes adding fields, logic, custom forms, etc…
Also the visual studio code can be customized without limitations, but it is advised to limit these customizations to custom plugins and/or processing methods. When you customize any code that is contained within the other parts of the connector, you will need to perform a merge operation every time a new version of the connector is released.
Follow these 5 steps when a new version of the connector is released:
- Step 1: Create/Export an unmanaged solution containing your changes to the connector objects in CRM
- Step 2: Merge your Visual Studio Project with the new sources provided.
- Step 3: Build your Visual Studio Project and register the plugin assembly using the Plugin Registration Tool
- Step 4: Import the new version of the Dime.Scheduler.CrmConnector solution with an overwrite of all existing components
- Step 5: Import the unmanaged solution you have exported in step 1 to make sure your unmanaged changes have not been overwritten.