The first release of the year is among us! Dime.Scheduler 2021.1.0 is another minor release with a small number of new features and bug fixes. We are also happy to announce the general availability of the all-in-one installer that will drastically make your life easier.
In this release, we have made some major advances in our journey towards the next generation of Dime.Scheduler in the cloud. Nearly all of that is behind the covers though and is yet come to fruition.
As part of this major endeavour, we have upgraded the hosting model of the Windows Services, which comes with improved performance and a simplified installation procedure. Make sure to check out the upgrade guide before updating to 2021.1.0.
We added more capabilities to the all-in-one installer as well. For example, you can now save and load installation parameters to a file so you can reuse the installation parameters for subsequent updates.
This installer has now gone out of its beta phase and is now the official installation procedure for Dime.Scheduler. Check out the revised setup manual for all the instructions.
Due to a tedious configuration process, we have suspended the authentication and authorization policy of the plugin websites and replaced it with a standard Forms authentication mechanism. Just like with the main planning application, a default user is provisioned so you can get started managing your instance.
This version also comes with more capabilities of the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central connector extension:
- Send company country code as fallback value
- Send link to job card with task
- Use default date sorting in the DS appointments list page
- Hide certain resources in Dime.Scheduler
In addition, we have made the following improvements to the product:
- It is now possible to configure the real-time message push mechanism, which in some cases might improve the user experience. We also reinstated real-time connections for the notifications component.
- Task containers can be ignored during drag and drop of open tasks using the SHIFT key.
- You can now choose to disable the appointment tooltip in the planning board.
- Query string parameters can alter the behavior of the application on the fly.
- A minor adjustment to the styling allows for long indicator names in the corresponding component in the planning view.
- Dragging and dropping open tasks can be now cancelled using the escape key.
- The licensing count for resources connected to Exchange has been reduced to the visible resources.
- Single sign-on experience is now supported for Azure AD logins
Improvements and bug fixes
In addition to the traditional performance and stability improvements, the following bugs have been fixed:
- Set project starting date on a future date in Gantt chart
- Whitespace in planning board
- Planning board rendering when hidden
- Delete users with (private) layouts
- Long text alignment with icon in FireFox
- Resource and user filters 'and' condition
- Delete after cut results in phantom appointment
- Race conditions in the setting pages
- Resource settings grid race condition
We added translations for the following languages:
That brings the total amount of supported languages to 27.
⚠️ This version includes breaking changes. To upgrade to Dime.Scheduler 2021.1.0, follow the upgrade guide before deploying the new version.
In the next quarter, we aim to create a bi-directional synchronization flow between Dime.Scheduler and Exchange. In accordance with our roadmap, we will spend a considerable amount of time creating a design that enables automated and optimized workflows to be integrated with the existing planning tools.
Welcome to the team, Hendrik!
We are happy to announce that Hendrik Bulens has joined the company and will run the company with Tom Taffin. Hendrik has been with us for more than five years and knows the company and its products inside out. He will help to lift Dime to the next level with new and improved products and services.
Check out the video announcement here:
New product page
We have a brand new website for Dime.Scheduler. If you head over to dimescheduler.com, you will find heaps of resources that you can share with your customers. There are links to documents, brochures, videos, etc. at your disposal that could alleviate some of your work when you want to recommend Dime.Scheduler to your customer or prospect. There's even a chat function where you can talk to one of our partner managers.
Also, you can let us do a free demo for you. Just click on the 'Request a demo' button and you can schedule a demo and invite your prospects and customers to an hour-long Teams meeting. You will receive a confirmed Teams meeting in your inbox after just a few seconds.
So definitely go check it out at 👉 www.dimescheduler.com.