Dime.Scheduler 2018 is a major upgrade. It builds upon Dime.Scheduler 2017 but adds a series of fixes and new features.
Project planning enables you to build overviews of several projects at once and define milestones, dependencies, constraints and much more! These changes are reflected in your planning board and synced back to your back office application, so business rules can be applied as usual. Features include:
- Load one or multiple projects with an easy search or via your trusted open tasks list
- Planning of all project tasks over time
- Planning views per week, month, quarter, year
- Baseline display
- Dependencies between tasks and projects
- Work with milestones and set deadlines
- Resource filtering from the project task
- Build task hierarchy
- Multiple planning modes (duration driven, effort driven, dynamic assignment)
- Task calendars, supporting:
- Standard business hours
- Special day overrides
- Special week days
- Special week overrides
- Calendar inheritance
- Integration with resource planning
- Resource unit percentage display
- Split tasks into multiple segments
- Critical path display
- Read-only mode for viewing-only users
- Navigate directly to the back office by using task URL's
Start using Project Planning by simply enabling Gantt chart mode in the NAV Fast-Track Wizard. When you planned your project in Project Planning and assigned resources to it, our syncing takes care of creating all the appointments in the resource planning based on the selected calendar.
- Distance and travel time are now displayed between 2 or more manually selected pins including resources.
- Jobs and resources are now automatically geocoded, so they can be visualized on the map. When needed, this is also triggerable manually.
- Set pin colors based on NAV field values, just like categories and time markers. Pin colors can be set on jobs, tasks and resources.
- It is now possible to create custom user roles and assign rights (user actions) to each role.
- A new default user role (User Manager) was introduced with limited access to the administration section. With this role, only user management will be available.
- The possibility to transfer grid layouts, resource filters and user profiles between users.
- User personalization role was extended to limit or approve user profile creation and modification.
- Users with linked grid layouts, resource filters or user profiles can now be deleted.
- Secure passwords are generated by the system upon forms user creation.
- New filter possibilities in grids (like open tasks, planned tasks …) based on column value type (e.g.: dates, decimals …).
- Decimal field formatting can now be overridden by admin for specific fields.
- Multi-value custom fields on appointments are now properly being sent back to NAV.
- Show and use resource URLs just like open tasks, appointments and tasks.
- All appointment fields can now be displayed in Task Details.
- Visualize license expiration data on the administration system page.
- Filter resources from open tasks, planned tasks and the project planning without the resource filters pane visible.
- Out of the box translation for task details fields and pane layout settings.
Microsoft Dynamics NAV connector
- Connector for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2018
- Add parameter "ResourceGpsTrackingEnabled" to "DS Send Resource"-codeunit
- Keep track of job number and task number when receiving appointments for jobs
- Subject on appointments for absence tasks will now show the "Cause Of Absence"-description
- Skip the creation of empty filter values
- Match colors for categories, time markers and pins between Microsoft Dynamics NAV and Dime.scheduler.
- New codeunit "DS Action Send Service Mail" as an example to send emails from service order using the action URL's
- Visualize the existence of appointment notifications by introducing a new indicator on the appointment in the planning board.
- Ability to reset resource filters from the planning board.
- Save appointment height in planning board layout.
- Optimized drag-drop behavior for 12- and 24-hrs snap intervals.
- Mark weekends in planning board.
- Save the width of the planning board resource grid.
- Wrap the subject text in an appointment in case of sufficient height.
- Improved support for daylight saving time.
- Optimized real-time publishing system
- Improvements were made on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM back office connector
- Links in main menu are now loaded on demand
- Host multiple Dime.Scheduler instances on the same server using one back office connector
- Improvements on the live synchronization system to avoid duplicate resource entries.
- Improved map loading in specific user profile setup.
- Improved date-time validation in the appointment editor.
- Task URL's are now immediately available after pasting an appointment.
- Optimized opening user profiles which contain filtered columns.
- Appointment editor for viewers is now read only.
- Prevent re-encryption of passwords in the back office connector Windows service.
- Optimize memory usage by not loading map component when it is not in the profile.
- Non-default layouts are now updateable.
- Extended length of the Type-field when sending jobs via the import service.
- Correct special paste mode 'Maintain start time'.
- Drag & drop an open task or appointment to a selected cell in the planning board.
- Fixed downloading log dump in IE10+ and Firefox
- Fixed issue where appointment cut/paste was not published to other connected users.
- Disable appointment editing until fully processed.
- Fixed issue when changing resource selection in the appointment editor for a single-select resource type.
- Filtered tasks now stay visible after receiving external updates.